Wednesday, March 4, 2009

It seems like just yesterday...

I seem to hear this saying on an almost daily basis, and it's never felt more true than during these past 6 weeks since Isaac's birth. Time really is moving by faster than I ever remember - maybe it's because I'm really enjoying what I'm doing now - being a mommy and spending time with our baby, or maybe it's because I am getting less sleep - who knows? What I do know is that I desperately do not want the next years of my life to slip by so quickly that I don't take time to reflect on the days and events that fill them. So, after a bit of consideration, since I never thought I'd be one of those "bloggers", I have decided to start one as a sort of journal for Isaac to look back at one day of the journey of our life as a family. I don't even really like the word blog, but after doing a little research on why this is called a "blog", it's not so bad. You may already know this, but I didn't. The word blog is a contraction of sorts of "web log". Good to know. Since I'm a bit late in getting this started, the first few entries will be back-tracking a bit and looking back at the past 6 weeks of Isaac's life.

The beginning of a new life...Isaac William Harrison...

Isaac entered the world Thursday, January 29th at 11:48pm weighing in at a hefty 8 pounds, 15.8 ounces, and was 21 1/4 inches.

Mommy and Isaac's first moment together - a little dark - Daddy was so excited he forgot to raise the flash on the camera.

Our very first family photo, taken about an hour after Isaac was born.

Our little burrito baby - one day old.

We brought Isaac home on Saturday, January 31st which really does seem like just yesterday. The Lord has truly blessed us beyond what we ever thought possible by bringing Isaac into our lives and we are so excited to watch him grow and discover all that this life has for him!














2 comments:

Maria said...

Hey Nikki, What an adorable little boy! I can't wait to meet him. :-) I will enjoy keeping up to date with your blog. Talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Harrison family! It will be wonderful to read about your journey together! Thanks for including us at this special time in your lives!